Thursday, January 13, 2011

Running

It's funny to say that I'm a runner now. Running for what is now my 6th month has definitely been a journey, and my body now craves running. Seriously, my legs start to get sore and they start to hurt if I don't run. It's a great motivator.

Not to mention reminder to get my ass moving.

Yoga has been kicking my ass recently too since my teacher decided to step it up. I couldn't be happier though. Sometimes I feel the intermediate level is too easy.

Anyway.

I set some goals through the Nike+ system, and I've accomplished all of them so far (high five myself). The one I'm most proud of is running faster one. I've always been a slow runner. And by slow, I mean I started out with 12-minute miles.


So I set the goal to run 5 times with a pace of no more than 10 minutes a mile.

And i did it!

And I just ran my first 10K!




Watching my progress, setting goals, and competing with friends on the Nike+ website has been such a great motivator, too, especially with little videos like these:

         

Who would have thought that running could make be feel so damn accomplished?

I am pumped!

And thank you to everyone for your facebook likes and words of encouragement throughout. It's comforting to know that my friends are so awesome that they even care about silly things like running goals. Much love, much love!

<3

3 comments:

Daniel said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
A half marathon is just around the corner.

Jamie said...

Congrats! Hard work pays off.

N8I said...

Keep it up.