Friday, June 12, 2009

Bleeding cunts

As I sit here in absolute, breath-robbing pain, I felt compelled to share how awesome women are to go through hell once a month (if you're regular!) and still be compassionate, amazing, and loving creatures.

Most people shy away from talking about periods, and I don't understand why there is such a negative stigma to it. Even women themselves don't like talking about their bleeding cunts, and I don't understand why.

First off, it's natural. Every woman bleeds. Your mom. Your sister. Your gramma. Your aunt. Your girlfriend or wife.

If anything, it should be talked about more.

Men should learn about it so they can understand the hell we women have to endure, depending on the period.

We are such complicated creatures... sometimes our hormones take complete control and we are often left dumbfounded at how our bleeding cunts effect us.

Well, at least I do.

Even now, I'm 24 (ew) and every period is different.

I think the focus of the distaste for talking about periods is the blood, which is understandable. But people shouldn't think in those terms.

We should start thinking in terms of Period = hormonal roller coaster.

The older I get, the more I experience PMS (which makes sense since it's apparently one of the risk factors...)

PMS. That's an actual medical condition. Premenstrual syndrome. A fucked up condition that is different for every woman and effects pretty much your entire existence.

I practically cried the other day at work because I couldn't figure out how to layout the front page. Nothing was going my way and I kept hitting wall after wall. My eyes swelled up and I was on the verge of tears. OVER WHAT? A stupid layout! Really?

I am the Queen of Mood Swings. I don't understand how some people deal with my ass. But then again, if they knew I was PMSing, maybe they would understand instead of viewing me as a psycho.

Ughh.... I need to go curl up in a ball and pray to God to give me strength to get through this day.

And hopefully I won't OD on pain killers. I've already taken Midol and Tylenol and I don't think they are working...

3 comments:

EverGreen State Of Mind said...

brilliant. i think a menstrual cycle should now be referred to as bct = bleeding cunt time :)

-- Grace said...

Ha, part of me thinks your mood swings are based more on the fact that you're an unpredictable Gemini. I haven't had PMS in years, and my mood swings were never as bad as yours seem to be. But that could be the hormone-balancing birth control pills I'm on. They're a god-send. I swear.

*muah* I love you AND your crazy mood swings, woman. Your honesty and straight-forwardness inspires me. :) Xoxoxoxox

Jamie said...

I hear orgasms are supposed to relax your vagina muscles and reduce cramps!

And in response to Grace's comment, it is the birth control. I didn't get any PMS on the pill. I'm always annoyed when I complain about my period and someone else is either agreeing or arguing with me, and then I find they're on BC. It's not a real period. The two aren't comparable.