Saturday, June 13, 2009

I've been a UCI alumni for a year now.

What have I done since my college years as an anteater? Not as much as I wanted to accomplish, but let's reflect:

I worked as a Technical Writer for an electrical engineering company in Glendale when I graduated. Learned nothing, for the most part, and ate a lot of sushi for free.

Worked out a lot right after college. Just recently getting back into the swing of working out consistently and eating healthy. Yet, although I feel like I've toned up a bit, I actually weigh more than I did this time last year. (sad face)

Got hired as a copy editor/features writer for a local paper.

To go along with the previous, I'm a published writer!

Slept on a couch since moving back home. No room. No privacy. No "personal escape."

Drank a lot of alcohol.

Smoked a lot of cigarettes.

Climbed Mt. Whitney.

Reconnected with people from high school.

Continued my education at College of the Canyons.

Went to Mexico for a week on a cruise.

Advanced on the guitar, but have yet to write a song.

Improved as a snowboarder.

Lived paycheck to paycheck.

Found a potential career path.

Was left disappointed by cupid some more.

Drank a lot of alcohol.

Got a tattoo.



Ah yes... some good... some disappointing...

In the end I will look back at this year as being a good one, cause I tend to reminisce about the good things and forget about the bad... so *shrugs* WHATEVER!

1 comment:

Asia said...

really cool idea for a post! how much alcohol did you drink for that to make it on the list twice?? ;)