Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Adoration

A friend of mine send me a birthday card. I see this lovely woman only a few times a year, but we spent four gorgeous months in London together four years ago (has it been that long? le sigh).

Inside the card, the first thing she wrote was "I just adore you."

The word adore stood out.

Adore...

I love practically everything in my life (except shaving... Lord how I hate shaving...) and in my opinion, it is easy to love.

I think adoration is up a few levels from love, and thus her card meant that much more to me.

Funny how a simple word can change everything.

I can list off a plethora of things I love: Chocolate. Traveling. Music. Friends. Family. Reading. Buying things for a house I don't have. Wine.

I don't think I can tell you what I adore though, not from the top of my head at least.

Hmm, a thought to ponder I suppose as I sit here consumed by insomnia.

But I will save that for another post.

1 comment:

Redstarlost said...

I think you are onto something. Adoration is a wonderful word too! Regardless of meaning, I think the word itself packs a punch. Hope you got some sleep!