Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dustin's pad

I'm apartment (studio, really) sitting for a friend of mine who is in Europe right now. I moved in Monday, despite the fact that Dustin left on Saturday. I had bidness to take care of.

Dustin has seriously blessed me with 2 weeks of a much needed "re-centering" period. He lives in a beautiful little studio in Bridgeport in Valencia, literally down the street from where I work and go to the gym.

Since I am temporarily living in Valencia for two weeks, I've decided to take advantage and ride my bike everywhere.

I rode my bike to work for the first time yesterday. It only took me 20 min to get there! And I rode with my work clothes. Including my 3-inch heels. Hoo-ah.

Riding back home at night was even pleasant. Valencia is so quiet. It was a peaceful ride back, allowing me to focus my thoughts.

I've only been at Dustin's for a few days, and I have already accomplished so much. Who knew living by yourself is so damn productive? I've never had a place I can call my own, expect my last year in college when I had a room to myself in a dorm room ... but that hardly counts since I didn't have a kitchen, living room, balcony, etc.

I can seriously go on and on about this, but I won't. I'm just having a ball spending a lot of time with my favorite person, me.

Took a very important test on Monday. A test that essentially is the first step in a series of steps directing me to a whole new life. I'll give proper details in 6 weeks when I find out if I passed or not.

Turned 24 a week ago or so. Still young!

In other good news, I'm no longer writing for the faith section of the paper. I'm back on features, which is much preferred! If it wasn't for my co-workers, I would really hate my job.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the start of my summer by working out, eating right, reading, playing guitar, and spending countless hours in from of my computer reading all the blogs that I subscribe to.

2 comments:

ania said...

"Other than that, I'm enjoying the start of my summer by working out, eating right, reading, playing guitar, and spending countless hours in from of my computer reading all the blogs that I subscribe to."

Ditto. I am reposting this paragraph on my blog beacuse I feel the same way. except for playing guitar, but I could do that. Love ya, miss ya. Plan a trip to NYC already!

Stevie said...

glad you're enjoying your time to yourself! i wish i could say that i am also being productive, but i have yet to learn that art. although i am in the process of filtering through my shoe collection.....

glad to hear you're riding your bike. this makes me happy.