Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Onward, ho

I'm in my third week of school. It doesn't seem that long, but that's because things have been going slow. The first month of school is usually the worse since it covers the basics of all basics.

To further my education in graphic design, I'm taking two classes this semester: Intro to digital media and digital imaging.

Either class shouldn't be too difficult, but there is a lot to learn. In the intro class, I'll be using programs I have never used before. And the digital imaging class is basically a photoshop class, which is a program I only know the basics in.

The teachers in my field are simply amazing. Adam teaches the intro class and the guy looks like a vegan who hugs trees in his spare time. I don't think he's hit his 40s yet, but his shoulder-length hair and beard look like they're greying. He gives off a hippie vibe where everything is art. Even silence. I'm not particularly a fan of this type of assessment of art, but maybe I'm just an elitist. Either way, he seems overly nice and I have a feeling a lot of people are going to walk all over him.

Wendy, my digital imaging instructor, is amazing. She reminds me of me. I would have the same teaching style as her if I ever became a teacher. Her common sense, no bullshit type attitude rocks and I wanted to hug her after the first hour of class on the first day.

My first project for this class is a scannogram. We have to compose an image using a scanner. The image had to depict who we are. Or something. Here's mine.


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Where unicorns come from: http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/where-unicorns-come-from-bif