Saturday, September 11, 2010

Checking off the list: Running a 5K


I'm running my first 5K tomorrow. I'm excited to cross it off my list of things to do (check out the link above). I'm not really nervous, even though maybe I should be since I haven't really been keeping up with my running schedule the last 2 weeks.

I ran a 5K yesterday and it was... painful.

My hip doesn't hurt anymore, but I got a cramp 0.3 miles into the run. I'm serious. I literally ran for 4 minutes and my side started to hurt.

NOT GOOD.

I managed to finish, but I had to stop every mile to give my side a break. I don't plan on doing that tomorrow though. If I get a cramp, I'm going to push through.

The goal is to finish.

Here is the map.


My mom is cute. She is going to come and support me and Nathan. My dad told me to come in first place.

I told him I'd bring him home a medal.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

LOL. *thumbs up*

Daniel said...

Awesome!!! I'm proud of you!