Thursday, September 30, 2010

New Years Resolution still living strong

My New Year's resolution of "updating Aleks" is still in effect. I've  watched more TV and've seen more movies this year than my entire college career.

The road ahead is still long though.

I was recently introduced to a show that I absolutely fell in love with on the first episode: Parks and Recreation.

It's a mockumentary about life in the Parks and Recreation Department in City Government. Everything about the show is great. The characters are hilarious, I find the situations more realistic than in other shows (like The Office) and I like how the intern dated a boy who had a boyfriend. Beautiful.

The show is on its third season, which won't air til January.

Despite my sadness of having to wait a few months for the show to return, I have plenty of other shows to watch in the meantime: Dexter and Mad Men, to start.

I also have a butt load of movies to watch, as was reminded by some tweeps yesterday in a discussion I really couldn't participate in since I had no idea what they were referring to. And by discussion, I meant to say I was the butt of their jokes. Which is fine. I have no shame!

Movies to watch: Star Wars, Back to The Future, Indiana Jones, Strange Brew, Fletch

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Plus you can never go wrong with Amy Poehler!! Especially when she's rockin' one leg ;) Her husband is hilarious on Arrested Development as well, but that's a show you NEED to watch from the beginning or half the jokes go over your head.

Daniel said...

wait... you haven't seen Back to the Future yet?!?! you need to watch them all back-to-back.